African Black Soap - Natural Coconut Milk Soap
Truly special! If you've never tried African Black Soap, you're in for a treat! Ghanaian women have been making black soap for many generations.
* 100% natural. This specially made African Black Soap oil blend was handmade by local women in a small community in Ghana, West Africa. We purchased this directly from the local supplier there, helping to support the local women and their communities. Oil blend is made with 5% true African Black Soap crumbles using their traditional (labor-intensive) methods. Their handmade oil & black soap blend is made so soap makers can easily mix with sodium hydroxide (lye) to form into a highly specialized bar. We added organic full-fat coconut milk to make this even more luxurious!
Our purchase of this oil blend directly provides a Dignity of Income Fund to hardworking women in Ghana, and helps support educational and economic projects in the community.
*No chemicals, additives, animal testing, or harsh industrial processing. Made with sustainable & ethically sourced palm oil.
Benefits of African Black Soap:
- Anti-inflammatory. Rich in vitamins A & E. Soothes the skin and is beneficial to those with inflammatory skin conditions.
- Nourishing. Full of hydrating ingredients like shea butter and coconut oil to keep your skin moisturized & healthy.
- Natural exfoliant in removing dead skin cells, resulting in softer & smoother skin.
- Gentle for all skin types. Made with plant-based ingredients and no synthetic chemical fragrances, black soap is suitable for all.
- Contains anti-microbial properties. It can soothe acne on the face & body. It can also help improve your skin texture with mild exfoliation & hydration.
- Anti-bacterial. A good natural alternative to chemical-based cleansers. The soap effectively removes bacteria and dirt from the skin.
- Soothes razor bumps.
- Sustainable & a truly circular economy product using raw shea butter and natural lye sourced from plantain ashes.
- Supports hard-working women. Handmade by Ghanaian women using age-old techniques passed down through generations. Every purchase makes a direct impact on communities in Ghana.
Scent: Cedarwood & Lime 100% Pure Essential Oils. Earthy Citrus Blend.
Weight: Smaller - "shortie size". Approximately 7oz. Please note that our natural soaps are hand cut so actual weight may vary slightly.
Please Note: Make your soap last longer by keeping it dry between uses. Please use a soap dish that drains and keep it away from direct streams of water. By creating an ideal environment, your soaps will last far longer.
If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Canola Oil, African Black Soap (Raw Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Kale) Additional Raw Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Sodium Hydroxide, Coconut Milk, Distilled Water, Ground Oatmeal, Kaolin Clay, Pure Essential Oils, Activated Charcoal.